On March 2nd we got a bunch of snow, and all the schools were closed. I ended up with the day off, and decided to make some muffins (not cupcakes!) I thought for a moment about healthy bran muffins, but then I noticed the ripe bananas that were sitting in the kitchen, and remembered the leftover chocolate chips from the tiramisu cupcakes. Lo and behold, there was a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, The Joy of Vegan Baking. They were fantastic.

The following day, March 3rd, was Monica's (Todd's roommate's) birthday, and I had promised her some birthday cupcakes after she tasted the aforementioned tiramisu cupcakes a couple weeks earlier. She requested lemon-blueberry, and voilà:

These guys have a wild blueberry compote hidden inside! Todd and I brought them to the bar where the Monica-birthday-revelers gobbled up the whole dozen in less time than it takes to write this blog entry. (They're also from the famous Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.)
I'm trying to decide what the next flavor will be. It's been a few weeks and we're starting to have withdrawal symptoms...

2 comments:
You need to change your blog title to "Confessions of a Cupcake Junkie". Them banana-chocolate chip things? Call that a muffin if you want, but we know it's a CUPCAKE!!!
They didn't have frosting on them, so I maintain they were nice, healthy muffins :)
Post a Comment