Sunday, August 17, 2008

The latest interview and stuff

I went up to NYC on Friday morning. When I arrived, I went straight to Chelsea to teach my private student, Luc. After that, I had just about enough time to fetch DS's keys at the theater, then drop my stuff at his apartment and freshen up a bit. Oliver and Elvis were kind enough to share their apartment with me on Friday night, even though DS was out in Fire Island. Here they are saying goodbye on Saturday afternoon:


Friday's interview at the Bloomingdale School seemed to go well. They had me play a little, then spoke with the executive director and the assistant director for a while, then I did a little teaching. They brought in a 7-year-old girl who had been playing since the age of 3! She was playing Für Elise, which I could teach in my sleep, so I was pretty relaxed. I only hope that I wasn't too inefficient with the amount of time I had (only 15 minutes or so). Overall I thought they liked me. They said they are taking their time with the hiring process, so I didn't expect to find out right away, but it sure would be nice to hear something (if it's positive!) before I leave for Spain on Thursday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunny! Sorry we couldn't coordinate Saturday, it was a huuuuge disappointment to me. Anyway, I'm making offerings to the gods that you get the job. I love you! By the way, be sure to "friend" Archie on Facebook- he sent you a request this morning.
Nealzebub

Anonymous said...

You forgot to blog about that whole "took DS's keys to Philly by mistake and discovered I already had his spare set in my apartment anyway and had to go back to NYC" incident.

signed,
anonymous

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I try not to blog about my own stupidity if I can help it...

Signed,
Chris