Monday, August 4, 2008

Some good news from NYC

Don't get too excited, but I have good news from my weekend in NYC. On Friday I had a private lesson with a kid in Chelsea, and they definitely want to keep me as a teacher. The mom was very nice, and immediately after the lesson, she started networking for me to help me find more work. She emailed her son's former teacher (who has moved to San Francisco), and also emailed my stuff to the music department head, and the after-school programs director at her son's private school. If I can build up a small private studio, starting with them, that will be great.

Today I had an interview at the Opus 118 Harlem School of Music, which went extremely well. They offered me the position right away, which would amount to one or two after-school days (Thursdays and Fridays) of teaching private lessons. The founder of the Opus 118 School, Roberta Guaspari, was portrayed by Meryl Streep in the film Music of the Heart. Their semester will start around the 15th of September.

I definitely need to keep adding to this, but I feel like I'm starting to get a foot in the door.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Congratulations Bunny!! Get that lady a nice bottle of wine. Networking is what it's all about! I knew it wouldn't take long for ppl to notice how awesome you are :)

xo
k