Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World



For Christmas, my mom got me a wonderful cookbook, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and so far I have tried two of the recipes. First, basic chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. These were amazing, and got rave reviews from all who tried them!
Second, something a little more elaborate - tiramisu cupcakes, which were also devoured with gusto by veggies and non-veggies alike.
These recipes were really easy to follow, and no one can believe they are egg and dairy-free. If such wonderful things can be accomplished without animal products, why keep torturing the cows and chickens?

2 comments:

kirsten said...

Hells Yes! Ppl think "Vegan Dessert" = applesauce and wheat germ. I still say the best daggone chocolate chip cookie I ever ate was the Durham Whole Foods one. Yumma!

(oh and btw I don't torture my chickens :)

k

Mark in Berlin said...

where's my tiramisu cupcakes? ;-) ps can't wait to sleep on your new sofa