I went up on Friday last week, to meet my friend Arielle for the Cure concert at Madison Square Garden. We saw them together oh, about (ahem) 19 years ago during their Disintegration tour, at Giants' Stadium. We were Cure fanatics in high school and college. I have seen them three times before, but that was all back in the old days. I haven't been following their music too much since Disintegration (mostly it hasn't been very good) but this show was awesome and totally worth it!We were pretty far from the stage, but it was still amazing. They played for 2 hours solid before taking a break, then almost another hour of encores.
Then, because this had been a concert that was postponed from last September, the Cure also had a show the following night at Radio City. As luck would have it, Ari also had tickets for the second show that she wasn't able to use, so she gave them to DS and me!

They played another 3-hour show, and only repeated about 50 or 60% of the material from the night before.
This time we had seats that were a bit closer...
Towards the end of the concert, Robert Smith climbed up the side of the theater and walked right up to us in the 1st mezzanine!
He ended up singing "Why Can't I Be You?" only 5 feet away from where we were standing!

Very, very exciting :)
They played two great shows, and I'm so lucky I got to see both!


1 comment:
OMG I am jealous!
Love,
Your Girlfriend
Post a Comment