I was supposed to meet with a private school music department chair earlier in June, but unfortunately, when I was in NYC, she had the flu and was leaving the next day for Europe - for the entire summer! She wants to talk to me when she gets back, in September. In short, though, she sounded pretty encouraging that I could be their person for accompanying school concerts, playing for commencement and other ceremonies, and maybe their fall musical. It would be nice if that comes through.
I am still on the fence about this organization called TakeLessons.com, which purports to put teachers in touch with students, and has thousands of teachers registered in cities all over the country. I kind of panicked when they asked for my date of birth and SSN, so I haven't completed my registration with them. They're accredited with the better business bureau, but I'm still nervous about the whole thing. I might just go with PrivateLessons.com, which is a similar organization, but was founded by a guy who works here at Curtis, so it is definitely on the level...
It looks like I have at least one potential private student, that I got from my Craig's List posting. I have discovered that you have to keep posting and re-posting your ads if you want them to be noticed, so I'm trying to be really agressive about that. Talking to the one potential student's mother did help reaffirm that my lesson rates are reasonable.
Not to sound like some superstitious freak, but the July astrologyzone.com horoscope is out, and it's just crazy how much of it is about carreer developments that take place in July. Here are some excerpts...
July will be a more productive month for you than June, so with such bright days due, choose not to take a vacation just yet. So much exciting career and home-related news is about to burst open that you'll need to be there to take full advantage.
Career talks and other issues were scrambled and confused in June, but in July seem to have become more defined and clarified.
From the moment July opens, it's evident that your career and daily workload will be your first priority. Mars, your ruler, will begin to move through your assignment sector from July 1 until August 19.
If you are self-employed, business should be strong this month, with customers clamoring for your goods or services. If you are not employed but want to be, set up appointments immediately, the moment July begins, because you will uncover so many superb options! For sure, this will be no sleepy period for you!
Your big moment to hear word back on a pending position - one that would represent a big jump in prestige - will come at the full moon July 18. This will be one of the most important moments of the year for you to jump ahead of the competition. Indeed, sparkling good news should flow to you at this glorious full moon. You may hear back as early as July 16 or as late as July 22.
If you've been interviewing for a job, this full moon, July 18, is the moment the final answer will reach you. I think you'll be VERY happy with the news... The new job you would take in July would come with power and responsibility, something that always pleases an Aries.
There will be another sterling career day, July 26, when Mars will send a golden beam to financially beneficial Jupiter. This will be a Saturday, so you may get an offer, introduction, or tip on this day or on the day prior, July 25. Mars is your ruling planet - the one that takes special care of you - so this day should be truly outstanding.
If you choose to wait a few months before you look for a new job, your next big opportunity will come at the new moon, December 27, 2008. This will be another sterling moment in time - actually, I feel you may then see your very best career opportunities arise, the best in twelve years. That window will open and close rather rapidly, so you'll have to have all your ducks in a row by then. To take full advantage, don't plan on being away on vacation during the time between Christmas and New Year's, as you will need to be at home base when things begin to pop.
Even if you change jobs now, it appears that you will see exciting professional developments at the end of December, too. In that sense, you may get your cake and eat it, too! In fact, I feel that's a real likelihood! I don't know if you'd change jobs again, get special publicity at the new job, or get another promotion then. Anything is possible!
For now, a lot depends on your present situation and how badly you want to make a switch to a better job. Also, a great deal depends on how much you like the offers you get now. Certainly, you presently have excellent career aspects, so no matter what you decide, I feel you have considerable advantages and can now succeed beyond your expectations.
Quite a bit about carreer this month... coincidence? Please, please, please be right, Susan Miller!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ooo! that wetch is always right! If nothing happened on the 18th, watch out for that golden raybeam thang on the 26th!
i know you gonna find something, bunny. hang in there! i remember sweatin' it down here -- 2 1/2 months til a job offer, yikers! I bet you beat my time by more than half. Good luck bunny! *mwah*!
Post a Comment